Genuine Whirlpool Washer lid switch 3949247
Manufacturer Part Number 3949247 Whirlpool Washer lid switch
3949247 Washer lid switch replaces Whirlpool FSP p/n 3949247V
Common lid switch for Whirlpool made direct drive washers Whirlpool, Kenmore, Estate, Roper,Inglis, Crosley
3949247 Washer lid switch for Whirlpool,
Whirlpool brands include Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Magic Chef, Admiral, Norge, Roper, and others
The pin on the lid pushes on the lever of the lid switch to tell the machine that the lid is closed
- Unplug washer.
- Remove screws at control panel end caps.
- Flip control panel back to expose wiring.
- Detach lid switch wiring harness from control panel.
- Use screwdriver to pry the 2 brass clips holding the back panel of the washer to the front and sides piece.
- Tilt the front/sides piece over to expose lid switch.
- Use nutdriver to detach ground wire.
- Use screwdriver to remove 2 screws holding lid switch in place.
- Install new lid switch. Make sure wiring harness piece is facing the right direction.
- Put washer back together in same order it was disassembled. Make sure front/sides piece connects to the clips at the bottom.
washer lid switch 3949247 Replacement part number AP3100003, 3949247, 3949240, 3949239, 3949237,ES247,3949247v